Selling your home is never fun. It has to be clean and ready to show on a moment's notice. Keeping up with this level of perfection can be incredibly draining. The faster you sell, the better. Luckily, there are a few small changes that you can make to help your home sell, and sell fast.
1. New House Numbers: If your home's house numbers are looking worse for wear, buy shiny new ones at any hardware store. They can be installed in less than 30 minutes and add a little zing to your front porch.
2. Fresh Mulch: No one has the time or the money to re-landscape an entire front yard before selling a house. Simply spread a fresh layer of mulch on your garden beds for a quick and easy solution that is also inexpensive.
3. Interior Paint: When the professionals talk about neutralizing your home's interior, they are usually talking about a new coat of paint in a muted, neutral color. If this task seems to be too time-consuming, just have interior painting services do the job. They can get in and out quickly without too much disruption to your showing schedule.
4. New Cabinet Hardware: A complete gut job on a dated kitchen is out of the question, but you can squeeze a little more life out of it with some new cabinet hardware and drawer pulls. Even if you are all thumbs when it comes to home remodeling projects, you can install these with just a screwdriver without breaking a sweat.
5. Remove Wallpaper: Probably the worst job on this list is removing wallpaper. While it still falls into the category of quick and easy, it has the reputation of being a truly horrible job. In fact, that is exactly what potential buyers think when they see wallpaper in your home. So, roll up your sleeves and get to work. Whether you have a simple border or an entire room, you need to remove that wallpaper if you want to sell fast.
6. New Blinds: Dated curtains and blinds can turn off a potential buyer. Take down the old and install new faux wood blinds in the key rooms of your home. They are in stock for a fair price at your local hardware super store and installation is fairly simple.
7. Clean Windows: Hire the pros to come out and clean your windows and screens.
There you have it. Seven little projects that you can work on over the weekends to help get your home sold fast.